Thank you for your interest in Berkwood Hedge School. In order to assist you with the application process, we recommend you take the following steps:
1. Schedule a tour of our school by registering online or by calling (510) 883-6990.
2. Pick up an application packet at the tour or download the forms.
3. Complete and return to Berkwood Hedge School no later than Friday, January 13, 2017:
- the four page application form
- a non-refundable application fee of $75 per family
- a small photo of each child applying
4. For kindergarten, give the kindergarten teacher recommendation form to your child's preschool teacher.
5. For grades 1-5, have the grade 1-5 teacher recommendation form completed by both your child's current teacher and the teacher from last year.
Please ask teachers to return the completed forms to Berkwood Hedge School no later than Friday, January 13, 2017. These forms must be sent directly from the teacher to Berkwood Hedge School, so include a stamped envelope addressed to Berkwood Hedge School when you ask your child's teacher to complete the form.
6. We encourage you to return your completed forms early in the application process to allow more flexibility in scheduling your child's visit to our school:
- Students applying to kindergarten will visit the school in small groups of 6 - 10 applicants for 1 1/2 hours on a Saturday morning in late January or early February.
- Students applying to grades 1-5 spend a full day with the class they would join.
Notification of admissions decisions will be mailed on Thursday, March 16, 2017, after 12 noon.
To reserve your child's place in the class, a non-refundable deposit and signed Tuition Agreement must be received by Berkwood Hedge School no later than 9:00 AM on Friday, March 24, 2017.