Thank you for your interest in Berkwood Hedge School. In order to assist you with the application process, we recommend you take the following steps:
1. Schedule a tour of our school by registering online (the link below will take you to Ravenna, our Admission Management Software).
2. Pick up an information folder at the tour.
3. Through Ravenna, complete no later than Friday, January 19, 2018:
- the online application form
- a non-refundable application fee of $75
- a small photo of each child applying
4. Teacher recommendations are submitted through Ravenna. For kindergarten, send the teacher recommendation form link to your child's current preschool teacher.
5. For grades 1-5, have the grade 1-5 teacher recommendation page completed by both your child's current teacher and the teacher from last year.
Please ask teachers to return the completed forms to Berkwood Hedge School no later than Friday, January 19, 2018. These forms must be uploaded directly from the teacher to Berkwood Hedge School via Ravenna.
6. We encourage you to return your completed forms early in the application process to allow more flexibility in scheduling your child's visit to our school. Upon completion of steps 1-4/5, you will be invited to sign your child up for a Visiting Day:
- Students applying to kindergarten will visit the school in small groups of 6 - 10 applicants for 1 1/2 hours on a Saturday morning in late January or early February.
- Students applying to grades 1-5 spend a full day with the class they would join. Students who are currently in Kindergarten and seeking midyear admission into our Kindergarten class are also required to spend a full day.
Notification of admissions decisions will be mailed on Thursday, March 15, 2018, after 12 noon.
To reserve your child's place in the class, a non-refundable initial payment and signed Tuition Agreement must be received by Berkwood Hedge School no later than 9:00 AM on Friday, March 23, 2018.